Friday, November 18, 2011

Waiting Waiting Waiting......

Home feels good!  My bed feels good!  The ocean feels good!  My scars are healing :) and I am overwhelmed once again by the extensive support from everyone in my life.  Arrived back last night to a well stocked fridge, beautiful flowers, parcels of goodies on the front door and lots of cards and notes.  You know who you are and how much I love you.  I am too scared to mention names in fear of accidently leaving someone from the list but I will be reserving some of the squishiest right sided hugs for you.  Did I mention it feels good to be home????  Of course I have accidently called Murphy "Barney" a couple of times and I do miss the Margaret st bed and breakfast including take away coffee's from Bali with personal notes and smiley faces on the lids.......and my medical coordinator must be bored silly by now!

The next few days will consist of gradual exercise, healthy eating (I feel like I could open a fruit shop!), catching up with gorgeous friends and doing whatever else I can to stop my mind from turning to cancer.  I am tired of thinking about cancer.  It has consumed me for the last couple of weeks and I can't wait to get to the end of a day and realise I haven't thought about it.   Experts tell me I have a way to go before that can happen.  All in my time I guess.

In the meantime I will enjoy the catch up time and give myself every opportunity to heal and recuperate so that I am in the best possible place for whatever decision the umpire should make on Monday.  I'm having my first team consultation with Captain Bert very shortly at a most appropriately named coffee shop in Lennox called "In The Pink".  Gotta be a sign I reckon.

Welcome to the weekend everyone.  This weekend please take 10 minutes to stop whatever you are doing and sit with someone you love and tell them why you love them.  And I promnise to do the same.  Twice.  K x

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home Kym - we love you because you are so brave, strong, positive, and beautiful - and you married my favorite cousin to boot!

    Lots of love,

    K-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home Kym!!! Look forward to seeing your smiling face again.... Hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kym, you are inspirational, so brave. No doubt you will be surrounded by your family and friends at home this weekend, giving you all their love and strength. It will be easy for them to tell you why they love you, there are a zillion reasons. Take care gorgeous and my thoughts are with you. Much love, Lynda xo

    ReplyDelete