Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Okay Boycey - you'd better be in form.......

Anxious.  Excited.  Tired.  Scared.  Unsure.  Eager.  Uneasy.  Concerned.  Enthusiastic......but above all, committed.

In baseball there are a number of coaches assigned to assist in the smooth functioning of the team. Two on-field coaches are present when the team is batting, like me, for the game of my life.  Stationed in designated coaches boxes near first and third base, they are appropriately named base coaches and they are there to relay signals and help with direction for the players.  Are you better to stay safe on first or make the round to second.  And when should you make the run. Sometimes you might look at the base coach to give you that direction. 

Enter stage, Adam Boyce.  Oncologist and my base coach.  Adam.  Adam Ant.  Boycey.  AB. The Ad Man. Boyce Boyce We Give Joice......I have no idea what he wants to be called because we haven't met yet.  But we are about to become mates.  I need to trust him and he needs to have a level of confidence in me.  He comes highly recommended from a number of very reliable and clever sources.  And I feel good about our pending meeting.  I believe he has form and street cred.  And he is about to wave me into second base and provide me some direction on how to land safely on third.   I'm itching to get there.  Have been hanging around safe on first way too long since the Umpire called it.  Just kicking dirt and looking out to the crowd searching for friendly faces I can wave to.  Now it's my turn to move into action and my eyes are already holding steady on a call of 'safe' on second.  But I've got to move from the safety of first and start the dash. It's a sizeable run.  Months and months potentially - in fact possibly the whole of Summer and a bit of Autumn?  Definitely Christmas, New Year and my Birthday.  But hey, there's plenty of them yet to come and boy, are they going to be corkers!

So on the eve of rounding at a cracking pace from first base to second I can report that I am geared up, ready and eager.  I feel strong.  I feel lucky to be in the position I am in to face this next challenge both physically and mentally.  I have been reminded over and over again what a fortunate and privileged position I am in given my support network and my circumstance.  And I am extremely grateful for that. 

"Gratitude is the art of painting an adversity into a lovely picture"..Kak Sri.  This adversity has given me much cause to do exactly that.    

So come on Boycey - lets agree on how I'm getting to second base and then give me the signal to run.  Captain cancer's already on the bus home but I am keen to ensure that none of his rogue team mates or useless supporters are hanging around.  Cause there's only space for champions in my stadium.  Until tomorrow...... Kym xxx

3 comments:

  1. We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring it Kym...show us how a true champ does it!!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the crowd is already going wild, as their TOP player, moves closer to home!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete