Saturday, November 19, 2011

Fitness by Osmosis...... :-(

This blog is coming from the Les Mills quarterly workshop in Brisbane.  Yes I know. Surgery was Tuesday but I'm feeling pretty good! And I'm only an observer.........which I am totally struggling with.  The music is pumping and there is an auditorium filled with fit little Les Mills gym bunnies.  I watched and waved at Bert and Dave as they bounced their way thru step smiling and 'burpying' through each track.  Best ever?  Looks good!  Geez I hope I get to teach it.  I'm now watching pump.  Thought momentarily about doing a sneaky track or two but I know I promised.  And a promise is a promise.  Soon Kymmy. 

It's really hard sitting here watching a workshop for the first time and not being down there whoo hooing my heart out.  I feel a bit disconnected.  And sad.  But Dave has just offered me a starburst jelly baby and now I feel better :-)  I have been asked by a few gym colleagues if I am injured?  I guess you could call it that?

I have spotted a woman on the other side of the room that looks like she has either short hair or no hair and is wearing a bandana. I obviously can't tell (without going up to her and asking - which could be really bad) if her and I share something extra other than a passion for Les Mills gym classes.  It's a new feeling for me to look around and see healthy smiley fit people and feel a tinge of envy. I dont like feeling this way and I am working soooo hard to push it away.  I am incredibly lucky to be able to even be sitting here taking in fitness via osmosis 4 days after surgery.  But I cannot tell you how much I desperately want me back.  And when I do get back to the old me, every chance I get to jump around will be with a renewed energy, every push up will be on my toes and every high note of doof doof music will come with a punch in the air and the loudest WHOO HOO from me.  Kiss x

6 comments:

  1. What about the ab track??? or is that going a litle too far? You will be the new you Kym, with a fresh eye and passion in every one of your cells. From this adversity, I know you will recover and rise with compassion, energy and integrity. You're always my fave instructor babe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine and Kez love you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A woman of my own heart - stop talking about your cancer - I have a sore thumb....love Kez

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kym you will be a new you with all the knowledge, compassion, spunkiness! and courage you have experienced along the way. Thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous, so true...along with that new you, will come a world of new self discoveries, beliefs, amazing new challengers, new experiences... An exciting world awaits the new you, the new stronger than ever YOU!
    Always thinking of You!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete