Monday, November 14, 2011

Game on tomorrow.......TURN IT UP!!!!

What must it feel like to actually be a pro baseball player and the lead batter (top of the order is the correct term I'm told with the nickname 'leadoff hitter'?) the night before the final of the world series?  I'd imagine they feel anxious.  I would expect there is a sense of urgency and a need to quickly get to the game so that the victory can be achieved.  They'd be hoping that their body is in the best shape it can be to reach maximum performance. I would hope that as a professional player that they run the game plan over and over in their mind seeing themselves pop that ball out of the stadium and that they can't wait to share their win with all of their loyal supporters.  Loyalty that has seen them stick together through the good years and the bad.  And when all that is stripped away, I bet there is a small space for time to pray for just a little luck.......

It's hardly a world series but tomorrow is what I hope will be the last date with Stephanie my surgeon.  Together we are about to cut away the last of the cancer margins and give me the best possible outcome - off the batting plate and completely safe on first.  I feel good.  Yes anxious.  Yes I want this stage to be over - boxed up and put away so that I can spend the next little time focused on the treatment.  Yes I feel really strong and emotionally ready.  I had a full dress rehearsal (or undress rehearsal with bad underpants tehnically :-)) last week but I feel sure this Tues will be it.  Game over for surgery.  Kym one, Cancer NIL. 

A few days ago a beautiful colleague of mine diagnosed with breast cancer 3 years ago sent me a phone message.  Amongst some lovely words of support, she offered to me an Italian expression that had been meaningful to her during the hideous chemo phase....."lo affronto a muso duro" - I will tackle this situation with a strong attitude. 

And that is exactly what I intend to do - get ready to cheer :-)  Kisses and Hugs.  Kym xxx

7 comments:

  1. Turning up the strength, power and determination for you tomorrow kym. Take care, lots of love tamahra. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh heh I want an autograph next time I see you...I'm sending enormous amounts of powerful healthy energy to your body and emotions for a perfect outcome tomorrow babe. You've got the colour back in your eyes which is a positive sign. You've got your spare underwear...no more said. Agree totally, no more dates with Stephanie ;)...xxx I love you lots

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of people cheering for you from NY!!!

    xoxoxo -

    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have heros in life and you girlfriend are mine... you inspire me and keep me fit. I am going to be with you all day and night in spirit. God Bless and see you soon beautiful lady x x x x Love from your spin sister Paula x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hit the homerun Kym and prepare to hear the loudest cheer coming your way!! May your spirit light the way. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you lovely friend, love the blog. Hoping for good news. Might see you tomorrow depending on how feral small people are. I will test them out publicly first thing. You will be pleased to know that day care have had a discussion with Alice and her little friend, that it is unwise to swap underwear. Seems there is a theme. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kym
    Have been thinking of you all week and it all sounds so so positive. Take care, rest up and look forward to a long chat soon.
    XLarissa

    ReplyDelete